Join the PARTY and help Salmon Harvester celebrate the opening of Worcester’s new shopping and dining experience.
The grand opening event will include a visit from celebrity chef Lesley Waters of ITV’s ‘This Morning’, live entertainment, cooking demonstrations, children’s workshops and a pop up cinema will show Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone into the evening.
All Bar One will be offering cocktail master classes and Fitness4less will have fitness demonstrations.
The fun starts at 11.45am and The Mayor of Worcester, Steve Mackay, and The Dean of Worcester, Peter Atkinson, will officially open the new Square to the beautiful sound of the Cathedral bells at midday.
New shops and restaurants include Starbucks, Ask, All Bar One, Cosy Club, Miller and Carter, Yo! Sushi and Fitness4Less; Byron, Kung Fu and Wilko will open later in the year.
Timetable of Events
|Kid’s workshops||11:45 – 15:30|
|Gym Competition||11:45 – 15:30|
|Lesley Waters Food Demonstrations||12.30, 14:30 and 16:00|
|Great Worcester Bake Off||15:15|
|Pop Up Cinema||19:00|
Facts and figures
- The redevelopment brings 10,000sqm of floor space back into use, redefines the retail and leisure pitch in Worcester and brings much needed regeneration to this part of the city centre
- Cathedral Square has attracted some exciting brands, many new to Worcester
- 600 construction jobs and apprenticeship opportunities were created
- 339 tonnes of steel was used
- 415 retail jobs and leisure are being created
- 90% of demolition waste was recycled
- The new public space was funded with contributions from Worcester County Council, Worcester City Council, Worcester LEP and owners Salmon Harvester